Amelia had her "meet 'n greet" with her soccer coach yesterday evening. Practices start next week. Wyatt's practices start this evening. He'll have practice Monday/Wednesday, she will have practice Thursdays, along with dance Wednesday/Thursday. And then the games will be on Saturdays. Can we say BUSY??!! We tried to convince Amelia that she needed to choose between dance and soccer, but she's hell-bent on doing both. So, we'll see how it goes. I honestly hope she can handle doing both. It does make me nervous for her, but being the little determined spitfire she is, I'm pretty sure she'll be fine. Oh, and then let's throw in all-day kindergarten 5 days per week. LOL!! I'll keep you posted on that one!!
Wyatt has become quite the little man lately. Did I mention he has a girlfriend, Chelsie? I need to take their picture and post it on here. Her mom took a picture with her phone and sent it to me, but I'm not sure how to get it from my phone to the computer. Anyway, he and Chelsie talk on the phone quite often, mail one another letters/pictures, and have had a few playdates. It's actually quite cute. She has a twin, Delanie, who Amelia has be-friended. Both girls will be at Sissy's birthday party. Wyatt's MORE than overjoyed about that one. It will be interesting; however, to see how Wyatt acts around Chelsie when he's with his friends, as 2 of them are attending the party as well.
Where does the time go? I feel like my babies are just so NOT babies anymore. Amelia is almost 5 (on the 20th), and Wyatt is 6 1/2 (that 1/2 is VERY important to him, and when you're telling anyone his age and he overhears, he makes sure to add that in if you don't). How is it possible that we will have a kindergartener and a 1st grader this year? I mean, well, I know how it's possible, but it just doesn't seem real. WOW!!
Went to get the kids' school supplies yesterday.....soon it will be time for school clothes shopping. I can hardly wait to see the things Amelia wants to buy for school. Her sense of style, or lack thereof, is quite interesting. I seriously need to start taking pictures of her "outfits" and post them, that, or put them all in a book so she can look back later and laugh at herself, or be proud of herself, whichever. The look on her face when she comes walking out of her bedroom door with some "new" ensamble always makes me smile. She is just so proud of herself. One day she's head-to-toe pink, then next she's wearing capris with a longsleeve sweater. Hey, whatever works, right?? Anymore, well, I refuse to argue with her. As long as she has clothes on I'm happy. I suppose it could be worse, right??
No comments:
Post a Comment