Monday, December 21, 2009

Moving Up and Moving On

Not sure how exactly that title sounds. I do know that it has been quite some time since I last blogged.....gosh, all the way back in the summer. Yikes!! A LOT has happened over the past few months.....Amelia is a mouthy 4 year old in her 2nd year of preschool; Wyatt is a kindergartener/chick magnet (LOL!!); and Michael and I have decided to sell our current home and buy one in Vancouver, WA. What prompted the BIG move?? Well, a lot of it has to do with our commute times; Michael spends an hour and a half each day on his way home in traffic. YUCK!! Because I work nights, I tend not to hit traffic, which is nice, but it still takes me almost 40+ minutes to get to work. So, we started 1st by looking online (go figure, the couple who met online), then actually went to look at a home; the only home we have looked at. And, we absolutely fell head over heels in love with this home. There's just no other way to describe it. We put in an offer, contingent that we sell our home (have 60 days), and they accepted. Now we are just keeping our fingers (and toes) crossed that we will sell sooner than later. Within 6 days (hardly into the 2nd week of it being on the market) we did have 3 showings and 2 offers, so that is promising.

Here's a link to our new house listing: http://aprilhillhomes.com/id3.html If that doesn't work, go to RMLS and type in # 9032528.

Aside from moving, there really isn't much that has been going on for us. Getting ready for the holidays and excited to spend time with family. Have to say, the holidays are sometimes a bit hectic for us. There is quite a bit of family to travel to see, and of course it's hard to spend quality time with everyone. Sometimes feel like the kids don't quite get a chance to enjoy themselves until after the holiday. But, we love our family, so do our best to spend time with all of them.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Oh! I LOVE the trees around the new home!!! My ideal setting...I'd so much rather be IN the trees than to be above them with a view below. :o) Also, the lot size is excellent with kiddos! Your new place (fingers crossed!) is even a larger lot than we had in Lake Oswego and that was a good-sized lot. I hope your home sells!!